Sunday 27 January 2008

A Screeching Hault

As part of the Identities modual we were asked to join an online community which had it's own virtual world. My first thought was to make a machinema film about online communites using the game World of Warcraft.

Things were going well when I managed to knock out around two pages of dialog. Things came to a sudden hault last wednesday though. Blizzard, the companie behind World of Warcraft (WoW), released a patch for the game. Something in that patch must have corrupted some files somewhere because now I can no longer log into my account and play the game.

I left multiple posts on the Tech Support Forum they have set up but nothing has worked so far. I feel I might have to abandon using WoW for my machinema and try something else.

No comments: