Wednesday 13 February 2008

I'm Sorry, Don't You Know Who I am?

I was giving some thought to the avatar that I am going to create for myself. While doing this I thought about the avatar I have already created for myself on online. Possibly my biggest hobby is computer gaming, and if asked to pigeon-hole myself I would consider myself a Gamer.

For the last 3 or 4 years I’ve been calling myself/avatar Radical Ewok. I’ve play numerous online games such as Counter Strike:(1.6/Condition Zero/ Source), Day of Defeat:(1.6/Source), Command and Conquer:(Tiberium Sun/ Tiuerium Wars), Battlefield: 2142, Team Fortress 2, Quake 3&4, Guitar Hero 3 and World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft was defiantly the game where I felt the strongest sense of community. With thousands of people playing on each server it's hard to stick out of the crowd, although if you socialize enough on both the game and the forums then people will recognise and remember you. I once stopped playing WoW for around 4 months, then within a week of playing it again I’d had people approach me and tell me they remember me from a guild I was in with them from over a year ago.

What I look like online:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


World of Warcraft is really the only game I’ve played where appearance is customizable.

No comments: